IUI: Intra Uterine Insemination
I – (Intra) – inside of
U – (uterine) – uterus
I – (Insemination) -To keep sperm of a husband
- Putting good sperm in a woman’s womb at the time of rupture of the follicle increases the chances of fertilization and conception.
Useful for which couple?
- Semen ejaculation failure
- Cervical stenosis.
- Unexplained Infertility
- The sperm count is less than required
- If Sperm count less than 15 million.
- If numbers of active motile sperm is less than 30%.
- When using frozen semen sample. (Frozen Semen)
- Women who have antibodies for sperm that reduce fertility.
IUI When does it succeed?
- Follicle should be ruptured
- Both Fallopian tubes should be opened.
- Male sperm count should be at least 10 to 20 ml/ml.